Why Davao City is the Most Peaceful City in Mindanao?
Well, aside from our no nonsense leaders, the city also has this state-of-the-art security facilities. It is called Public Safety Command Center where its building is located in S.I.R. near Ecoland. No other cities in the country has this kind of facilities so it makes Davao unique. Our local government is bringing this project because it is really serious in insuring the safety of its citizens, tourists and also the investors. No wonder businesses here are booming, spreading and growing.
The Public Safety Command Center building is the only one of its kind in the Philippines.
The state-of-the-art control center where live feeds coming from 17 CCTV cameras installed in the city are monitored.
The control center kinda reminds me of James Bond or Star Trek movie scene hehehe… By the way, this is how it works:
The Public Safety Command Center (PSCC) serves as the nerve center for 17 CCTVs installed in 16 strategic areas in the city, covering entry and exit points and populated areas in the downtown areas, and the traffic signalization for the entire city.
The PSCC will also serve as a venue for coordination on matters of public safety with:
* Davao City Police Office (DCPO) – on crime prevention, suppression, and investigation;
* Traffic Management Command, Traffic Group-DCPO – on traffic management and enforcement;
* City Health Office and City Social Services and Development Offices – on actual and emerging health emergencies and management of victims and emergency shelters;
* Central 911, Bureau of Fire Protection, Red Cross and volunteer organizations – on all types of rescue services, including fire prevention and suppression, and hazardous materials response;
* Davao City Disaster Coordinating Council, Office of the Civil Defense, and Regional Disasters Coordinating Council – on planning and responding during calamities, disasters, and other special events.
Filed under: Davao City | 4 Comments